[Acm-announce] SIGSysAdmin meeting Today - November 30, 2016 @5:30pm

Chase Lee clee231 at uic.edu
Wed Nov 30 09:39:44 CST 2016

Hello All,

This is a reminder that SIGSysAdmin will be meeting today *Wednesday,
November 30, 2016 @ 5:30PM* in the ACM/LUG Office (SELE 2264).

Today will be the last meeting of the semester so I won't be talking about
any specific topic, but instead I want to get an idea of any projects that
people want to be doing over the winter break. I will be available during
most of the break, so we'll definitely be able to meet up if you need
guidance.

If you need to get started on a project, check out the SIGSysAdmin project
list on the wiki (https://acm.cs.uic.edu/wiki/sig:sysadmin) or ask me about
specifics.

Some things that I personally want to look into over the break include:

   - CoreOS networking
   - Pfsense
   - New workstation provisioning
   - IT Management Automation/Orchestration (Ansible?Chef?Others?)
   - Monitoring via SNMP/monitoring-plugins/Icinga
   - Monitor Wall maintenance & other software solutions

Do you have anything you want to look into? Bring your ideas to the meeting!

If you have any questions with a task/project for SIGSysAdmin, please feel
free to bring it up on the listserv or at the meeting.

Good luck on finals!
Chase Lee