[Acm-announce] Don't forget: Bryan Pardo, today (Thursday), 5pm , SEO 1000

Chase Lee clee231 at uic.edu
Thu Oct 27 09:56:27 CDT 2016

Hello All,

I was asked to share this wonderful speaker with you all by the Audio
Engineering Society at UIC. Bryan Pardo is speaking today as well @ *5PM*
in *SEO 1000*.  He is a fellow Computer Science Ph.D. and will be talking
about rethinking audio production interfaces.

*Bio:* Bryan Pardo, head of the Northwestern University Interactive Audio
Lab, is an associate professor in the Northwestern University Department of
Electrical Engineering and Computer Science. Prof. Pardo received a M. Mus.
in Jazz Studies in 2001 and a Ph.D. in Computer Science in 2005, both from
the University of Michigan. He has authored over 90 peer-reviewed
publications. He has developed speech analysis software for the Speech and
Hearing department of the Ohio State University, statistical software for
SPSS and worked as a machine learning researcher for General Dynamics.
While finishing his doctorate, he taught in the Music Department of Madonna
University. When he's not programming, writing or teaching, he performs
throughout the United States on saxophone and clarinet at venues such as
Albion College, the Chicago Cultural Center, the Detroit Concert of Colors,
Bloomington Indiana's Lotus Festival and Tucson's Rialto Theatre.

More details are below as well as in the attachment PDF.

Regards,
Chase Lee