[Acm-announce] SIG Security First Meeting: Tuesday, September 12 at 5pm!

Michael Baccia mbacci3 at uic.edu
Sat Sep 10 23:15:29 CDT 2016

​
The first meeting of the most anticipated SIG of this year is approaching!
Do you have an interest in cyber security? Do you want to compete in a real
hacking competition with your peers? Then mark your calendars on Tuesday,
September 13th for SIGSEC's first meeting! Whether you want to take your
learning outside of the classroom or better secure yourself in a constantly
evolving world, there'll always be something you can take away from every
meeting! All skill levels are welcome and I will try to accommodate
everyone as best as I possibly can.

Our first meeting will primarily focus on logistics, getting a list of
members and planning our direction for the rest of the semester. I also
plan on doing a basic networking/Linux primer, time permitting. *We will
meet in the ACM lounge from 5-6pm. *If you will not be able to attend our
first meeting please send me an email at mbacci3 at uic.edu. *DO NOT HIT REPLY
ALL! *I do plan to record each meeting, but given the environment the audio
may not come through clearly.

I hope you are all as excited for SIGSEC as I am and hope to see you all
there!

--
Michael Baccia
University of Illinois at Chicago