[Acm-announce] ACM GBM RESCHEDULED

Will Toher wtoher2 at uic.edu
Tue Jan 29 13:20:48 CST 2019

Hello all,

By now you should have received the alert that all classes will be cancelled from 5pm today (Tuesday Jan 29th) through noon Thursday (Jan 31st), completely cancelling all classes on Wednesday. As such, we will not be having our GBM on Wednesday. Stay home, stay warm, don’t freeze to death please.

Our first GBM of Spring 2019 will be held instead on Friday, February 1st at 5:00 PM. (Note that this is 5 pm and not 5:30pm, as previously scheduled.)

Following the GBM, LUG will be holding their second Newbie Week session at 6pm, and movie night at 7pm (Groundhog Day). SIG Blockchain’s meeting will move to Monday, Feb 4th at 5pm.

This GBM, we are experimenting with streaming the meeting on Twitch.tv, for people who can’t make the meeting due to weather or commutes. The link to our channel can be found here: https://www.twitch.tv/acmatuic The camera won’t be pointed at the crowd, but if you are uncomfortable being recorded, please speak with an officer. Please note that taking a selfie of yourself with the stream does not count as credit for ENGR 100 or CS 377 😊.

See you all on Friday!

Thanks,
Will Toher
President, ACM at UIC