[Acm-announce] SIGSysAdmin Meeting Reminder - September 28, 2016

Chase Lee clee231 at uic.edu
Wed Sep 28 00:35:50 CDT 2016

Hello All,

This is just a reminder that SIG Sysadmin will be meeting again today
on *Wednesday,
September 28, 2016 at 5:30PM* in *SELE 2264* (ACM/LUG Office).

Here are some reminders that may be of interest to you:

   - If you are new to Linux, I suggest looking into learning more about
   the shell: http://linuxcommand.org/lc3_learning_the_shell.php
   https://linuxjourney.com/   If you have any questions, feel free to
   bring them to the meeting.
   - Sign up for the SIGSysAdmin listserv! I encourage you to signup so
   that you get future announcements, discussion topic among other members,
   and more. To sign up, just send an email to:
   sigsysadmin-subscribe at acm.cs.uic.edu .
   - Check out Kanboard! (https://acm.cs.uic.edu/kanboard/login) Most tasks
   that SIGSysAdmin will be dealing with will be posted on Kanboard in some
   form.  It helps keep tasks organized and keeps everyone informed.
   - Make sure you sign in at the meeting! Also remember to write down your
   ACM account names as well on the sign-in sheet. I'll be adding those who
   came to both meetings to gain access to things like an open server for you
   to do some experimenting on. :-)
   - Is there a specific project you are interested in? Let us know at the
   meeting, and we'll direct you to how to get started!
   - Bring your suggestions on topics you would like to see covered in a
   future meeting. We're always open to suggestions. These first few meeting
   will be mostly introductions, but we'll be diving deeper into the sysadmin
   world soon! :-)

If you have any questions, please feel free to bring those questions to the
meeting or post them on the SIGSysAdmin listserv.

Thanks,
Chase Lee