This is an old revision of the document!
|Public IP||UIC DHCP IP||Public Host Name||Local Host Name||LAN IP||SSL Certificate|
|Requested||Requested (Nov 2016)||littlebell.cs.uic.edu||littlebell||172.29.0.4||NA|
| || || ||NA||172.29.0.117||No|
| || || ||NA||172.29.1.107||No|
1. The acm server has other hostnames for its ip. Apache needs to have vhosts for most of them
2. Medusa is the monitor wall cluster head node.
3. Apple's external interface is using a dedicated ethernet adapter, so that every other server can go down, before losing access to this host.
4. Although wics.cs.uic.edu has a server located in our server rack, there is not connection between the main ACM network and the WiCS server. This server is managed independently by the WiCS Webmaster.
5. Floating - This indicates that the outward facing IP address traffic will be dynamically re-routed to multiple internal IPs throughout the year. This is largely based on projects running throughout the semester.
For setup information for newly provisioned servers that need a public interface, please reference Dvorak's WAN interface setup.