[Acm-announce] First SIGSysAdmin Meeting MONDAY - September 18, 2017

Chase Lee clee231 at uic.edu
Sat Sep 16 15:04:23 CDT 2017

Hello All,

Based on the poll sent out earlier this week, we will be having our first
meeting of the semester on *Monday, September 18, 2017 @ 4:00 PM* in
the *ACM/LUG
Office (SELE 2264)*!

I realize that this time may not work for everyone, so please let me know
so that I can make alternate arrangements if necessary.  I will be in the
office for at least a couple hours after the meeting, so feel free to drop
by and ask me questions! :-)

The meeting agenda will consist of an introduction for new members to the
SIG, topic interest & knowledge polls, and collecting feedback for future
workshops and presentations.  Anyone interested in attending is encouraged
to look over the SIGs page on the ACM website as well as the information
currently documented on the ACM wiki. (SIG Page:
https://acm.cs.uic.edu/sigsysadmin)

If you are completely new to Linux, we suggest looking at the "*Getting
Started*" section in the Wiki to get yourself acclimated to using Linux:
https://acm.cs.uic.edu/wiki/sig:sysadmin

<https://acm.cs.uic.edu/wiki/sig:sysadmin>
As part of SIGSysadmin, you will most likely be interacting with many
systems and applications via the terminal.  It helps to know some of the
basics to get started with using/configuring systems more efficiently.

If you have any questions while you are exploring, please feel free to
bring those questions to the meeting.

Hope to see you then!
Chase Lee
ACM/LUG Systems Administrator 2017