SIG Leader: Michael Berg
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Time: Every Tuesday at 4pm
Meeting Location: ACM Main Office (SEL 2262)
Google Drive: Here
The main goal for SIG UX is to introduce User Interface Design or improve the UX skills of people interested in the topic. We will discuss UX decisions, skills and the design process to create User Interfaces that truly help the user and fully utilize the capabilities of the program they are designed for.
Throughout the semester we will be critically analyzing existing user interfaces, designing and prototyping new user interfaces, and coding UX solutions into applications that need it.
Spring 2015 Agenda
- Week 1 (1/28): Intro Week. SIG leader will introduce himself, get to know the attendees and give an overview of UX design.
- Week 1 (1/29): SIG Expo. A good time to see what SIG-UX has to offer in a more casual setting with food, friends and SIGs!
- Week 2 (2/4): UX Design Process. Introduction the design process, from collecting requirements to implementation and re-designing.
- Week 3 (2/11): UX Analysis. Existing application GUIs will be reviewed and critically analyzed for positive and negative characteristics.
- Week 4 (2/18): UX Analysis. Existing application GUIs will be reviewed and critically analyzed for positive and negative characteristics.
- Week 5 (2/25): UX Design Practice. In meeting, I will give everyone a front end to redesign. The entire meeting will be focused on everyone stepping through the design process (gathering requirements, mockups, prototyping), and we will come together at the end of our meeting to talk about our findings.
- Week 6 (3/4): Choose an UI to Redesign. Everyone will pick the UI of an existing product they want to redesign. Each person will then apply the design process to make a mockup of a new and improved UI. After everyone chooses, we will use the rest of the meeting for working on our redesigns
- Week 7 (3/11): Redesign an exisitng UI. A work day to make progress on UI redesign decided at the Week 6 meeting.
- Week 8 (3/18): Regrouping day. Just show up and have some fun while we get back on the same page and do some good design work.
- Week 9 (3/25): Spring Break. No meeting
- Week 10 (4/1): Present UI redesigns. Each person will present their UI redesign. Why they made the choices they did, what they thought they improved over the original design, etc
- Week 11 (4/8): SIG UX/Android Collaboration
- Week 12 (4/15): SIG UX/Android Collaboration
- Week 13 (4/22): SIG UX/Android Collaboration
- Week 14 (4/29): SIG UX/Android Collaboration