In spite of delays due to upgrade complications, the system should be back up and fully operational. Several new features have been added which should be detailed in the help documentation. If you find any issues, please report them to sigsysadmin AT acm DOT cs DOT uic DOT edu
- By walter at 08/07/2014 - 15:49
The gitlab version control system is being taken offline for maintaince and projects accessability will be affected until maintenace is over.
Updates will follow when available.
- By walter at 07/29/2014 - 11:04
The officers completed the student org form between the hours of 5:00-6:00. We then submitted the org form, and are pending approval. We also viewed a proposal by an ACM member for reorganizing the tunnel and CS lounge, and are considering forwarding it to the proper officials.
- By iswift at 04/28/2014 - 17:52
Hey everybody. Last week before finals, keep working on your projects and homework. The end is very nigh. Here's what our week looks like as far as events (hint, it's all sigs).
- SIG Code [April 28, 2014 @ 4PM in SELE 2268B (CS Tunnel)]
- SIG SysAdmin [April 29, 2014 @ 5:15PM in SELE 2264 (IT Lab)]
- SIG Game [April 30, 2014 @ 5PM in SELE 2254 (CS Lab)]
- LUG Web [May 2, 2014 @ 3PM in SELE 2260 (CS Lounge)]
- SIG Build [May 2, 2014 @ 5:30PM in SELE 2264 (IT Lab)]
I'll see you all around the lounge.
- By iswift at 04/28/2014 - 00:18
Hi guys! We've got sig meetings this week, and a LAN party in the near future (two weeks, be there and enjoy the end of school).
Here's what we've got going on this week:
- SIG Code [April 21, 2014 @ 4PM in SELE 2268B (CS Tunnel)]
- SIG SysAdmin [April 22, 2014 @ 5:15PM in SELE 2264 (IT Lab)] [Rescheduled]
- SIG SysAdmin [April 23, 2014 @ 4PM in SELE 2264 (IT Lab)]
- SIG Game [April 23, 2014 @ 5PM in SELE 2254 (CS Lab)]
- LUG Web [April 25, 2014 @ 3PM in SELE 2260 (CS Lounge)]
- SIG Build [April 25, 2014 @ 5:30PM in SELE 2264 (IT Lab)]
Just a littel note, Zach and I got a *lot* of pop, so help maintain the ACM budget by doing your share and drinking some! Cheers, and see you guys around the office.
- By iswift at 04/20/2014 - 14:59
Three main points were iterated at this meeting, as the old officers unofficially welcomed in the new officers. They are as follows.
- Philosophy - "The four of you [officers] are a team now."
- Student organization registration needs to be done NEXT WEEK with Theys.
- A budget should be finished with Sloan by the end of May. This means the officers need to create a budget, it needs to get approved by Theys, and then it needs to get approved by Sloan, in that order before summer begins.
The other importants things discussed were:
- Officers need to file for ACM membership.
- The password for the safe was given to the officers.
- ACM would benefit from focusing on internal affairs, those being tutoring meeting attendance, and regulars at the office
- Sean said "President talks to members, students faculty, VP talks to people outside the university to come in."
- We are looking for a ACM member to serve as a new representative to ENGR 100 next semester, as well as a representative to engineering counsel.
- Previous officers and new officers will have a formal lunch meeting with Theys sometime next week.
- By iswift at 04/17/2014 - 23:54
Give a big round of applause to these people who where elected to their respective positions for the ACM 2014-2015 elected term!
President: Tony Phelps
Vice President: Emily Austin
Treasurer: Zach Heine
Secretary: Ian Swift
Cheers to another wonderful term. I'm sure everyone is looking forward to making ACM even better next year!
Linux Users Group (LUG@UIC) Vice-President 2013-2014
Flourish! 2014 Chairman
- By clee231 at 04/17/2014 - 20:22
Week Eleven: Have you registered for Flourish! 2014 yet? Check out the schedule.
Here are the events for the week:
- SIG Code [March 31, 2014 @ 4PM in SELE 2268B (CS Tunnel)]
- SIG Fun - Movie Night [March 31, 2014 @ 5:30PM in SELE 2268B (CS Tunnel)] [Frozen]
- SIG SysAdmin [April 1, 2014 @ 5:15PM in SELE 2264 (IT Lab)]
- SIG Game [April 2, 2014 @ 5PM in SELE 2254 (CS Lab)]
- Flourish! Pre-Con Meeting [April 3, 2014 @ 5:30PM in SELE 2268B (CS Tunnel)]
- SIG Web [April 4, 2014 @ 3PM in SELE 2260 (CS Lounge)][Cancelled, go to FLOURISH! 2014!!!]
- SIG Build [April 4, 2014 @ 5:30PM in SELE 2264 (IT Lab)]
- Flourish! 2014 [April 5, 2014 from 9AM - 7PM in 3rd Floor Conference Center in Student Center East]
Hope to see you at Flourish! 2014.
~Open Source, Open Future~
Inspiring Talks, Illuminating Events and more!
For the most up-to-date event listing, please refer to our Calendar.
Linux Users Group (LUG@UIC) Vice-President
Flourish! Committee Head
- By clee231 at 03/31/2014 - 11:19